Horrible Nanny Experience:
PLEASE be aware of this nanny:
Lai Kwee L*an
Dear mommies/daddies to be, I would like to share my experience of this terrible nanny thta I had with my 2nd baby with you, so that none of you have to go through the same experience that my wife and I had. The following are all based on facts only:
Improper treatment of baby:
1. We observed that baby always vomit out/spit out milk after she bottle feeds him. She seems to be able to finish feeding baby in record time too (less than 10mins) for 60ml (baby is only 4days old), compared to ~20mins for 20mL if my wife/I bottle feed him. When I went to watch her feed baby, I saw her shaking baby back & forth to make baby awake and drink (note that newbordsbget tired when feeding, hence will suckle for a few seconds, stop and rest, before suckling again). When I asked her why she is shaking baby, she said it's normal & that she's taken care of so many babies, she will know better. Immediately after she finished feeding baby, our baby spat/coughed up milk. She said all other times when she fed, baby was on. Only this time baby spat/coughed up milk coz we were there....???!!!!!
2. We told this nanny to leave on the 4th day when the new nanny arrived on the 5th day, the new nanny observed that 2 out of 4 of the bottle teats had enlarged and additional holes pierced (very evident when compared with the other 2 original bottle teats which had 1 small hole for newborns). This is serious as the consequences could be severe. Baby could have choked on milk/milk could have gone into baby’s lungs & baby would need to be admitted to ICU!
3. The nanny was always complaining that it’s hot & stuffy & that the ceiling fan wasn't sufficient. On a rainy afternoon, she was in the room with baby, air-conditioning switched on the 25℃ & ceiling fan on at high speed. Baby was sneezing non stop. My wife heard it and immediately switched off the air con & told her that the temperature was too cold for a newborn. She retorted that newborns do not feel cold and that all the babies she has taken care of always slept at 25℃ with no issues.
4. Very untidy & messy - kitchen floor is always wet even she was just washing dishes or preparing food. We had to clean up after her. After cooking, although she will mop the kitchen floor, entire floor will still be very sticky. I have to re-mop after every single time.
5. Unhygienic - after disposing of trash at the garbage dump outside the house, she goes into baby’s room without washing hands.
6. Calculative & Lazy - my wife asked her politely if she could help slice an apple for her. She replied that apples cannot be sliced as they will turn black (oxidized). She will be very vigilant & keep an eye on the weather (whether it’s raining) if she’s doing her own laundry. When it's the baby laundry that's out sunning, she will suddenly be completely oblivious that it's raining heavily despite being told by my wife. My wife had to bring in the laundry herself (4days postpartum).
Note: we told the nanny to leave on her 4th day. She immediately said we had to compensate her as we made her joblessbfor the rest of the month.we took care of baby that night, paid her 5 days’ salary. At no point in time did we mistreat her. She even took breakfast the next day before packing up & leaving.