We were recommended to her by the popular nanny in our local forum - Aunty Lian.
But we had to send her off after barely 2.5 days... (we sent her off on the 3rd evening)
- the way she uses our kitchen it would need to be renovated when she leaves
- told her that she needs to clean as she goes in the kitchen and tried explaining to her why. she told us don't worry, she'll clean up at the end of the day before she sleeps (she can leave big puddles of water on our porus kitchen table top!)
- when washing dishes, she uses the sponge to soap the dishes. what was unhygienic was she uses the table cloth to clean away the soap. when we explained to her not, she say the dishes will not be clean. And she has been washing dishes for the longest time this way. we are ok, but not use the same table cloth used for cleaning tables/spills to wash clean dishes. Next moment, she again uses that cloth to wipe dry the dishes. Even when we try to educate her which cloths she can use for wipes and drying, she refuse to listen.
- whole toilet is so messy, pails are everywhere and why so wet?!
- we don't know what she uses the recycle water for (from her laundry wash)
- the laundry she does, does not even have the slightest soap smell.
- she didn't use the baby detergent to wash the baby's clothings. my hubby actually realized that she didn't use and told her to use. she argues back that baby's clothings no need detergent, water can already.
- she doesn't bring her own toothpaste, shampoo & shower form/soap (shocked us)
- doesn't wash her hair. she told hubby she forgot to bring her shampoo. then when hubby went out, she told me that hubby ask her to wash her hair. And she explained that nanny has a belief that they can only wash hair twice a week, otherwise the wind goes into their head because they have to "work" late at night. Anyway, that afternoon, she went to wash her hair coz she was told off by hubby.
- she wanted to use a clean milk bottle left out in open to prepare milk (sterilized or not duno). luckily hubby caught it and told her to take those from the sterilized container. and she still argues that it can be used.
- cooks too little (not enough for me, imagine the quantity is for 3!). when my mom saw, she also shake head.
- reminded her multiple times for 2 days i'm not allowed to take "dang gui" and she still boil this packet of herbs with a slice of it inside. her reason, she don't know i cannot take it and we bought the herbs
- she wanted to use garlic in the cooking. shocked us as garlic is not allowed, according to our mothers. she said she was confused, because the last couple she cooked for wanted lots of garlic - of coz la, they were China chinese. She claimed that she was confused with the so many different cans and donts.
- she found a flask which we have totally forgotten about (means she's digging into our stuff)
- gave her a plastic container for wet cotton balls. instead, she found my expensive tupperware and used it instead. i told her that is for food and she said cotton ball clean one never mind. i have to keep going to n fro, telling her that i don't mix my containers like that and that container she took is very expensive
- keep on repeat telecast (i don't like to be nag at)
- we have to repeat and remind (neither do I like to repeat telecast)
- throughout the day there bound to be back & forth on what can be eaten and what not (we say till very tired). even when we say cannot for the first 2 weeks, she still went on saying its ok.
- whole day, whenever she remembers or recalls, she will ask hubby to buy this and that. Ask her to go through the kitchen/ fridge and work out a full list. she didn't. and we realised that she goes through those recipe book on confinement food.
- she insists on buying very expensive pork meat part which our mothers don't find it necessary
- she prepares formula milk really slow, so slow that baby already REALLY ANGRY (cry for too long). coz she has lao-hua. and she is forever looking for her glasses coz she can't see the bottle milk markings.
- first night, she say that the night was too warm that's why baby head had some red patches (signs of feeling too hot). Drop hint to have aircon switched on. But of course baby was hot, nanny had the fan blowing on herself the whole night!!! The second night onwards, we osc the fan for her. no more problem.
- on second night, at 3am, baby needs her feed. Both of us was already awaken by her cries. yet nanny was still in her deep sleep. we waited in the room to see if she would wake up, but she didn't. so we did that feed. Baby didn't drink much so at 4.30am, she cried again. this time, hubby was monitoring the nanny in dark. he saw her just rushed to the kitchen get milk and rushed back to feed. he asked and she claimed that she did check the "feeding records". but in the end, she was exposed - she didn't check and has prepared too much milk (wastage!!!)
- she indirectly told me that she gets flusttered when baby is hungry and cries. Because her cries were always fierce. (of coz when you are so slow in preparing milk)
- the 2 nights, not only did baby didn't sleep well (she was so angry so she cried or was kept awake for at least half the night), we didn't as well. Because baby was let crying for way too long.
- she said that first time parents don't know how to take care of babies one. and I told her straight in the face that even if I'm not that experienced, we also have our way of routine on how we want her to be brought up, and that she's here for only a month.
- drops hints that she does receives gifts after she finishes her assisgnments
- while she was preparing milk, i was watching. then i just comment that she put too much hot water in to mix. she say she know one... she's experienced as she's been doing it a lot. then end up, she had to cool the milk and she used running tap water!! this ain't good because baby drink liao might cause wind.
- no manners. i was breastfeeding in the room. that one time i forgot to lock the door. she just knock and let herself in. Hubby send her out. SO RUDE!
again, after a bath, i went in my room to dry my hair. Hubby saw that she wanted to open the room door again - he had to tell her to leave me alone and don't go into the room.
- there was one night, she couldn't stop baby from crying, even the feed was not too long ago. Hubby went to check what happened on the long-crying. She wanted him to wake me up to just let the baby suckle a bit (instead of giving formula). She claims that she'll quiet down once she has some "food". Of course hubby didn't allow that, as I needed the rest/sleep (note, with her around, i can never take naps in the day).
- keep insisting that baby needs a pacifier even when we already say no.
- and when friends come over to our place. she actually hangs around closely. when she realised we ignore her existance, she goes away. but i know she's evesdropping nearby.
- she pretends to be hardworking or very good when we have visitors.
- let baby slept on the bean pillow. we told her that babies are not supposed to sleep on pillows yet. she argued back and we stand firm then she used the cloth nappy again instead.
- she doesn't know how to read english. in our storeroom, she insisted she can use our peach vodka to make wine drink for me - no problem one. we already showed her what she can use for confinement cooking. but she still keep digging into our store for more things to use.